One Pot Baked Feta with Chickpeas & Greens
400g tin of Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
330g Kale, stalks removed (or Cavelo Nero, Spring Greens, Chard or similar)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 x 150g blocks of Feta, halved
Juice of 3 Lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6 with a baking tray inside.
- When the oven is ready, remove the baking tray and add the chickpeas and kale, then toss with the oil, spices, some sea salt and freshly ground pepper, using a wooden spoon or your hands. Don’t burn yourself!
- Spread the ingredients evenly, then create little pockets to nestle the feta into, making sure the pieces have direct contact with the baking tray. Drizzle the feta with olive oil and pepper.
- Return to the oven and bake until the feta has softened, the kale has browned in spots and the chickpeas become crisp with a darker brown hue – around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the kale and chickpeas around with a wooden spoon halfway through and leave the feta as it is, but keep an eye on it to avoid it burning. Add the pumpkin seeds during the last five minutes of cooking, when the kale has just started to crisp and become an intense green-brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small serving bowl, whisk together the tahini, extra-virgin olive oil, juice of two lemons and salt and pepper, adjusting the seasoning to taste.
- Remove the tray and squeeze the rest of the lemon juice on the greens and chickpeas. Divide between plates and serve with the dressing on the side.